Go to the Russian text Site's map Home page Our awards E-mail Guest book Palace Park History Information School of arts Development programs Our friends Image gallery




PARK  


The Pavlovsk Park
Regions
  Pavilions»
Sculpture
Constructions
Flora and fauna




Pavilions:

Павловский парк

  1. Rose Pavilion
  2. Three Graces Pavilion
  3. Apollo Colonnade
  4. Cold Baths Pavilion
  5. Aviary
  6. Dairy Pavilion
  7. Temple to Friendship
  8. Amphitheatre
  9. Peel Tower
  10. Mausoleum
  11. Fair Vale Pavilion
  12. Round Hall Pavilion
  13. Parents' Memorial
  14. Rossi Pavilion

THE ROUND ROOM

The Round Room (646 Kb)

The Round RoomCharles Cameron built the Round Room in 1799-1800. Situated at the point of intersection of the Twelve Alleys, it was once the site of concerts. The final stretch of Russia's first ever passenger railway was laid here between 1836 and 1837; indeed the cutting in the forest where the line passed can still be seen today. Pavlovsk Railway Station (Andrei Stackenschneider) was officially opened on 22 May 1838 and it later made an important contribution to the cultural life of the country. Also known as the Kursaal in the pre-war



«BackForward»




© Pavlovsk, 1999-2006