Go to the Russian text Site's map Home page Our awards E-mail Guest book Palace Park History Information School of arts Development programs Our friends Image gallery




PARK  


The Pavlovsk Park
Regions
  Pavilions»
Sculpture
Constructions
Flora and fauna




Pavilions:

Павловский парк

  1. Rose Pavilion
  2. Three Graces Pavilion
  3. Apollo Colonnade
  4. Cold Baths Pavilion
  5. Aviary
  6. Dairy Pavilion
  7. Temple to Friendship
  8. Amphitheatre
  9. Peel Tower
  10. Mausoleum
  11. Fair Vale Pavilion
  12. Round Hall Pavilion
  13. Parents' Memorial
  14. Rossi Pavilion

THE ROSSI PAVILION

The Rossi Pavilion (928 Kb)

THE ROSSI PAVILIONDifferent park pavilions designed by C. Rossi for the Pavlovsk Park do not not exist, though they were numerous. One of them, an original arbour -Trellage, was built on the place of the Turkish Stall in 1815. Another one was the Hop Arbour near the Pil-Tower. Among other architectural miniatures an arbour-shed over the monument to Alexandra Pavlovna, daughter of Pavel and Maria Feodorovna is worth to note (still exists).

C. Rossi only designed the Rossi Pavilion. It was built one hundred years later in 1914, near the Theatre Gate in the Aviary region. The Pavilion is light and graceful although it was built from reinforced concrete, a new material for that years. It is decorated by columns and crowned with a dome. V. A. Beklemishev designed the monument to Maria Feodorovna for this pavilion.

«Back




© Pavlovsk, 1999-2006