Go to the Russian text Site's map Home page Our awards E-mail Guest book Palace Park History Information School of arts Development programs Our friends Image gallery


The Pavlovsk Park
Flora and fauna


Павловский парк

  1. Rose Pavilion
  2. Three Graces Pavilion
  3. Apollo Colonnade
  4. Cold Baths Pavilion
  5. Aviary
  6. Dairy Pavilion
  7. Temple to Friendship
  8. Amphitheatre
  9. Peel Tower
  10. Mausoleum
  11. Fair Vale Pavilion
  12. Round Hall Pavilion
  13. Parents' Memorial
  14. Rossi Pavilion


The Apollo Colonnade (759 Kb)

The Apollo ColonnadeThe closed circle of the colonnade, with the bronze statue of Apollo in the center, was originally constructed by Charles Cameron in 1783, on a clearing not far from the river bank. In late 1799 and early 1800 it was removed to the slope and joined by a cascade loge built in the direction of the window of the Peace Room. Seventeen years later, part of the Colonnade on the cascade side was destroyed during a storm, after which the bronze Apollo was transferred to the Twelve Lanes. A new Apollo Belvedere for the Colonnade was later cast in 1826. This time it was made of iron and painted white.


© Pavlovsk, 1999-2006